We know that there are more than a few jobs available in this market, but here's why you should come and work with us:
* We have an incredible team of passionate and fun teachers
* Our tamariki are amazing and our parent group are supportive and engaged
* Our physical environment is top class - purpose built less than 5 years ago and generously resourced with a rich range of play and learning activities
* Our centre is owned by a warm, supportive NZ family, who are experienced ECE operators, not a faceless corporate.
* Kumeu is no longer a small country town, but a bustling little suburb, just 7 minutes from Westgate. Super close for those living in North or West Auckland.
* You'll receive a generous salary and ongoing opportunities for professional learning and advancement.
* Our programme is a modern take on Montessori, combined with the best of 21st century practice....the best of both worlds
* And.....we have a four year ERO review that confirms our programme and practice are high quality.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Head Teacher for our Preschool Room (for children aged 3.5 to 5 years old). This room has four motivated, creative and passioante teachers (including the Head Teacher) and hosts between 28 and 30 children daily. You’ll be responsible for ensuring everything runs smoothly in that room, including overseeing teaching, planning and assessment for the Preschool Room. You’ll have generous release time, and work closely with centre management, and with the Lead teacher in our junior room to ensure an innovative, creative and high quality learning environment where children thrive.
You’ll be a confident and experienced teacher, with a sound knowledge of curriculum and current regulations.
Knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and curriculum would be advantageous, but if you are prepared to learn and support our philosophy, then it is not essential. You will have experience leading a team, or be a teacher ready to step into this responsibility.
You’ll be a self starter, with a good understanding of child development, and teaching practices. Establishing and maintaining great professional relationships with children, parents/whanau and colleagues will be key strengths. A warm caring disposition, great sense of humour, and a genuine passion for the education and care of preschool children is vital.
We are advertising this role also for a full-time candidate but we would also consider a job share for two great candidates both wanting to work part-time.....(approx. 25 hours weekly each) so if you are wanting to combine a great job with some quality time at home with your own children, this may be perfect for you!
Candidates must be registered with the NZ Education Council.
If this is you, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023