With 170 employees in New Zealand, my client has a focus on exporting food to the Australian market, as well as servicing NZ. Their vision is to be the creators of irresistible comfort foods. They have been acquired by a large Australian based parent company, but still have a focus on keeping the family culture while growing exponentially.
Core components of the role:
* Implementation of policies - working in line with the Australian strategies
* Contract overviews
* Employment Relations / Mediations - currently no union
* Health and Safety
* Learning and Development
* Payroll - externally managed, but overseeing the function
There will be a focus on coaching, and mentoring managers to mediate and manage their staff - value adding. Stakeholder management will also be key in this role - having the ability to manage up to get solutions.
Core characteristic traits:
* Strategic yet operational - you will need to have a hands on, practical style with an ability to be strategic when necessary
* Humanistic and encouraging
* Strong and Persuasive
* No nonsense, and ability to challenge when you feel it is necessary
* FMCG / Food / Operations - you need to be able to understand value and fit in at all levels
* Influencing and communication skills - experience in influencing through the change management process
* Coaching and mentoring line managers
* A Business or HR degree
* Preferably accredited to Life Styles Inventory
4 'must-haves' for this role:
1. Ability to coach people at all levels
2. Ability to influence at senior and junior level (change management)
3. Excellent communication skills
4. A sense of humor (fun)
Why work for this business?
It is a growing business with great products. The business is agile and is making money, as well as being part of a bigger group - the Australian parent company. You will also have the opportunity to learn best practice HR from the Australian based Human Resources Director who has had years of experience in a multitude of industries.
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively APPLY ONLINE NOW following the prompts!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023