Stafford Engineering is recognised within its industry for producing high quality food processing and packaging equipment, along with offering innovative solutions to both local and export markets. Our unique capability offers a wide-ranging service; utilising our complete range of in-house engineering abilities.
For more info about us please see our website www.stafford.co.nz
An opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Labourer to join our team in a friendly social environment with flexible working hours in a clean and tidy workshop. We have competitive starting rates based on experience and skill levels and regular overtime paid at time and a half.
The successful candidate would:
• Be physically fit, self-motivated and hard working with the ability to complete tasks assigned in a positive manner
• Have the ability to use simple measuring devices to accurately cut materials to required sizes and operate workshop machinery to do so
• Have knowledge of quality systems and follow our documentation requirements as set out in our ISO9001 procedures
• Display safe working practices while using workshop machinery and by adhering to our health and safety rules and procedures
• Perform in a professional manner to maintain successful workplace relations.
Their duties would include:
• Preparation and handling of materials ensuring these are stored ready for use by the team of engineers
• Packing and Crating local and export shipments ready for dispatch
• Making deliveries and collections as required
• Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the workshop and lunchroom
• Assisting other members of the team where needed.
And they would buy into ‘our code’ which are eight beliefs held by the team at Stafford Engineering, these are;
• Strive to exceed expectations
• Teamwork drives success
• Accountable for our actions
• Focused on Quality
• Flexible to suit today
• Opportunity to be the best
• Resourceful and Creative
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023