A job vacancy has become available for a Stock Manager on our Western Southland sheep & beef finishing property.
This position would be suitable for someone who is at management level or someone who wants to work towards management as full training can be provided.
Our farm is located 10 mins from Nightcaps in Western Southland.
This is a position on a rolling hill country property covering 1000ha. We run 10,000 stock units with a mix of Headwaters ewes & Angus cows. Included in the 10,000 stock units is a mix of trading & grazing.
Some of the key criteria we are looking for are :
- stock management skills
- pasture analysis, setting up & implementing grazing rotations
- over seeing staff & management decisions
- must have 2-3 good working dogs
- competent at working alone & as part of a team
- being competent in IT record keeping & recording
- be able to liaise & organise contractors
- must have good communication skills & a sense of humor
.Must be motivated to maintain and advance high stock performance.
Sunny 3 bedroom cottage is available.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023