An emphasis on staff supervision and co-ordination
Waikouaiti based (East Otago)
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have great people skills with a genuine interest in poultry farming?
Select is pleased to be partnering our client in their search for an Assistant Farm Manager. They are one of NZ’s fastest growing farming operations, are the employer of choice for over 470 people throughout NZ, and they have an opportunity within their Waikouaiti farming operation.
As the Assistant Farm Manager you will have a strong focus on supervision and co-ordinating staff to ensure the smooth day to day running of the operation. You will work closely with a team of 6 direct reports who are dedicated and committed to the wellbeing and welfare of their livestock (poultry).
As a Company who is the market leader within their field, this is a great opportunity to make a difference. They offer ongoing career development opportunities, long term employment options, on the job training and great management support.
A background within primary industry would be an advantage but it is not essential. The key attributes that we are looking for in this role is excellent people skills and great potential. In addition to this we are looking for
- An ability to motivate and encourage a team to continue delivering to a high standard
- Experience in influencing and leading successful teams
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of staff rostering and co-ordination
- An ability to learn and develop from a technical perspective
- A person who is practical, logical and willing to be hands on
- Someone who has good computer skills and can accurately record information
- Someone who is proactive and committed to safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
This role has a strong focus on day to day operations and ensuring a high standard of animal welfare, biosecurity, and health and safety. It is full time role, with a share in “on call” duties at night and over weekends. To meet this requirement you must reside within 20 minutes of our Waikouaiti Farm.
If you are ready for a change, a challenge, or a step up, and you want to join a progressive and growing company – we would like to hear from you!
APPLY ONLINE NOW
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023