Due to staff going up in their career,Castle Ridge Station is looking for an enthusiastic person to join us. We are looking for someone who will take pride their work and what we produce, to fit into our like- minded family based team.
The property is 5900ha in the Ashburton Gorge running 14000 merino ewes, 600 angus cows and 250 red hinds in breeding operations well known for producing excellent quality stock.
We have a high standard of stock handling facilities, with modern vehicles and machinery.
The job will entail participating in all aspects of the day to day running of the farm business, from stock work, fencing, tractor work and maintenance.
We can offer you a varied working week, a tidy modern two bedroom home, with primary school bus at the gate, set in a great landscape for all outdoor recreation, hunting, fishing, and close to Mt Somers which has a strong community and school.
There may be the opportunity for paid casual work for a partner during the year.
We are looking for someone with the following:
* At least 2-3 years farming experience
* 1-2 working dogs under good command
* Clean and current full driver’s license
* Good stockmanship and common sense
* Attention to detail and able to show initiative
* The ability to work as part of a team and independently.
* Ability to communicate effectively and to listen to and follow instructions
* Be honest, reliable and have good attitude to new things.
* Remuneration package based on experience
* NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023