The Isaac Conservation and Wildlife Trust is dedicated to the development of an ecological reserve.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Conservation Ranger to join our team. Duties will include the eradication of pest species for ecological restoration, often operating and maintaining landscaping machinery, plant and equipment.
We are looking for the applicants with the following attributes:
* A tertiary qualification in parks and recreation, or relevant work experience in an outdoor environment.
* Sound experience and practical knowledge in field conservation management and * Ecosystem restoration.
* Strong botanical knowledge, particularly of endemic flora.
* Grow safe certification for application of herbicides, together with animal and plant pest eradication experience.
* NZ driver’s license with WTR endorsement preferred.
* National Certificate in Arboriculture or equivalent experience/qualifications with experience in the use of modern arboriculture equipment and techniques.
* A NZ Firearms license preferred.
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold a valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.
Enquiries to Christine Blanken on (03) 359 9145 or send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or The Isaac Conservation and Wildlife Trust, PO Box 20 440, Bishopdale Christchurch 8543.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023