Smaller Earth is a cultural exchange company offering work and travel opportunities in locations across the globe. We are successful and ambitious, deeply committed to our core purpose of ‘inspiring people to go further’. Our vision is to have a positive impact on the lives of 20 million people by 2020.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to work on our American summer camp program, Camp Leaders, which provides young people the opportunity to travel to America and work as a leader at summer camp.
You will be responsible for facilitating the successful journey of our participants through the application process to getting placed and departing for their summer camp experience, as well as a working on other Smaller Earth programs. Working within a small team, you’ll need to take ownership of your role, be able to work unsupervised and be highly motivated to meet our sales targets. Knowledge of the J-1 visa industry is a required, as is having worked at a summer camp in the USA previously.
• Must have participated in the Camp Leaders program
• In depth knowledge of the J-1 Cultural Exchange visa
• Experience conducting interviews preferable
• Target driven with proven sales skills and experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire people into action
• Able to make reasoned and justifiable decisions
• High level of initiative, attention to detail and enthusiasm
• Strong computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office
• Prepared to travel within NZ and internationally for our annual global conference
• Must currently possess a legal right to work in New Zealand
• Must be located in Queenstown
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023