Napier Engineering is now under new ownership, and new management, and we are looking for a candidate who can help grow the company and bring a higher level of professionalism to the management team.
The position is not suitable for a junior candidate, the candidate we are seeking will have 5 + years experience in the field of mechanical engineering. The candidate will also need to have excellent communication skills, as well as excellent computer literacy skills. It needs not saying, but to be a successful Project Manager you will have excellent organisational skills.
We work on a variety of engineering projects, largely mechanical, but we also liaise with sub-contractors which may include, electrical, hydraulic or other services. Experience with tying up these differing fields would be of benefit. We also have our own product range.
Project Managers will be responsible for the overall performance of assigned projects. You will work directly with the General Manager and Operations Manager.
Duties will include tasks such as:
• Liaising with the customer in regards to meeting their expectations.
• Liaising with sub-contractors to ensure they meet project requirements.
• Managing program, and ensuring deliverables are complete on time.
• Managing quality requirements and compliance to project specifications.
• Managing design aspects, this includes either design work yourself, or subcontracting design and drafting services if necessary.
• Procurement of materials and services for projects.
• Cost management, and ensuring projects come in on budget, and being able to determine where deviations are occurring.
• Variations management and capturing and recovering works outside of project scope.
Other tasks which are not necessary, but will be considered beneficial would be:
• The ability to build strong relations with the client and becoming first point of contact for ‘your’ clients.
• CAD experience would be beneficial (SolidWorks primarily).
• Cost estimation, pricing and tender writing.
All applicants should have NZ residency, and a full drivers license.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023