Whakatane Mill is a coated cartonboard manufacturer located in the sunny Eastern Bay of Plenty of New Zealand. The Mill is committed to achieving competitive excellence through performance, innovation and leadership.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and organised Maintenance Supervisor to lead a small team of tradesmen in one of our production areas. This role is responsible for the planning, scheduling and co-ordination of mechanical maintenance activities to maximise plant reliability at minimum cost.
The successful person will have:
• At least five years of experience leading a mechanical maintenance team, ideally within the manufacturing or process industry maintenance fields
• An industrial mechanical or maintenance trade qualification (Trade Cert, Advanced Trade or equivalent) or a tertiary qualified engineer with hands-on experience
• A proven ability to manage a significant maintenance budget
• A proactive approach to improving Health and Safety performance
• Previous experience in using a computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
• Experience of maintenance resource and shutdown planning
• A sound understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance practices such as root-cause failure analysis and condition based maintenance
The Maintenance Supervisor will also be involved in continuous improvement projects therefore previous experience in Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage; as would previous knowledge of paper making machine maintenance.
The successful applicant must be able to collate and analyse information, make decisions, communicate clearly and be confident in managing people to achieve the required objectives. Your high standards of mechanical work will be combined with your ability to apply problem-solving techniques and produce “outside of the box” solutions whilst also motivating and leading your team in an ever-changing environment.
The company offers an employee benefits package which includes superannuation and medical insurance.
If you believe you have the skills and drive to be successful in this role, please forward a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023