If you're keen to grow your career, there's no better place to nourish it than here. We're committed to providing our people with all they need to positively thrive. So, isn't it time you put your trust in the company that's been trusted throughout New Zealand for over 40 years?
To enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand™
Ka pukekotia a Rongomatane, ka poho kereru a Aotearoa
About the role
To prepare for the planned retirement of one of our long serving employees we are looking for an Acid Plant Engineer to join our team at the Christchurch Works. To pick up the knowledge, the skills and obtain the required certification for the intricate operation of the Acid Plant, the successful candidate will be required to undergo intensive training for the first six months. During the training period flexibility in work shifts will be required to ensure achievement in all-round skills and knowledge.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of Acid Plant Engineer is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Acid Plant to achieve the required product quality, and planned levels of sulphuric acid production to meet our customers fertiliser requirements. To maintain the plant to the required standards you will be required to co-ordinate with the Acid Plant Assistants, Maintenance team and contractors.
Ideal skills and experience:
* A qualification (Enchem 3 or equivalent) and experience, suitable to operate a chemical manufacturing process which includes a 2MW/6MW boiler and associated Turbine/ Alternator (desirable)
* Relevant trade qualification (desirable)
* Proven mechanical background, preferably in maintenance engineering, fitting and turning or process operating
* Reasonable level of computer literacy
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to work shift hours
* Strong Health and Safety focus
* Motivated to train - you will be required to undergo an intensive six month cadetship
Working in a busy environment you will be well organised, enthusiastic and determined. With high standards, attention to detail and a drive for performance you will manage the maintenance requirements for the Acid Plant through the use of CMMS.
* Excellent benefits package (competitive rates, 5% superannuation, medical insurance, allowances)
* Generous investment in your ongoing training and development
* Great company culture
* Career opportunities in a fantastic cooperative
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' to send your CV and cover letter to Marina Groom, HR Advisor or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Tuesday, 19 February 2018.
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023