Horticulture Manager – Hawkes Bay based.
Ngati Pahauwera Commercial Development Limited (NPCDL) seeks a qualified and experienced Horticulture Manager.
This is a new position.
NPCDL is aiming to build horticulture operations across 350 ha inside the next five years which is innovative, will build economic prosperity for the members, and embraces best practice. This role will require someone that:
• Has at least 10-years of experience in horticulture, across a range of different crops, preferably including apples and kiwifruit.
• Has a diploma or higher qualification in horticulture.
• Has an eye for detail and will work proactively to address issues arising before they become a problem
• Can lead the establishment, development, and management of a large scale and diverse horticulture operation.
• Can build a team focussed on high quality output.
• Will be hands on with staff and train those staff to become competent at the tasks required.
• Is a team player, open minded, and is focussed on continuous improvement.
• Is proficient in Excel and Word.
• Will enhance and contribute to our focus on health and safety.
• Has knowledge of tikanga o Pahauwera.
If you are passionate about working with a progressive organisation and can demonstrate the required attributes, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for the roles applicants need to supply:
• Current CV.
• A covering letter that tells us why we should consider you.
• Three referees.
Confidential enquiries and full employment descriptions can be obtained by contacting Luke Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 0275582266). Applications are to be received by Luke no later than 5 pm on Friday 22nd February, 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023