GAVINS Ltd is an agricultural company running a large dairy goat operation based at Gordonton near Hamilton. Our company supplies the NZ Dairy Goat Cooperative who have a strong focus on producing a high quality dairy product for its export markets. GAVINS are growing its dairy goat business and is therefore seeking an Operations Manager to meet long-term production goals and drive the efficiency and profitability of the business through effective management strategies.
We require someone with:
• Proven operations management experience working in a structured environment on a large scale agribusiness.
• Skills and experience in financial management, risk management, business improvement, regulatory compliance, business continuity, employee development and analysis of performance data.
• Base knowledge of animal nutrition, feed management, animal breeding, animal health, and facilities maintenance.
• Strong collaborative people leadership skills with proven experience in leading, managing and developing people within the business.
• A tertiary qualification in agriculture/business (or equivalent experience).
• Strong computer skills and excellent written and verbal communication
It would be an advantage to have:
• Previous experience in the management of a large dairy goat / bovine (or other) herds.
• A progressive work environment with modern state of the art equipment.
• Remuneration based on experience.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note this role will be offered subject to a drugs test as per our company policy.
Applicants must already be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023