Colt Products and Systems are a division of Aquaheat New Zealand Limited (ANZL), arguably New Zealand’s largest mechanical company. The Colt division provide a wide range of products and services for the built environment. We design and manufacture and install systems for natural ventilation, performance louvres and smoke control systems. Our services include design advice, project management and installation.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of two to support the sales and project teams, including the manufacturing facility by providing drafting and technical/project engineering services required to service our clients in a professional and timely manner.
The Draftsman/Project Engineer will work with the various stake holders of Colt Products & Systems to ensure the business:
• Design: engineers the right solution to meet the clients’ needs and requirements being mindful that the solution needs to fit within the clients or head contractor’s budget.
• Drafting: provides relevant drawings to the various stake holders.
• Project Engineering: delivers the timely installation of Colt products and systems nationwide within budget and on time.
The objective of this role is to ensure projects and services are progressed to satisfactory completion with the provision of drafting, project engineering and administrative tasks within guidelines and constraints of contract specifications, industry standards, quality and budget
To be successful the candidate will need;
• Experience with CAD and a strong focus on mechanical design drafting and installation detailing
• A qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
This is an opportunity for someone who enjoys multi-tasking in an intermediate/senior engineering role in a progressive New Zealand owned and operated company whose success has helped to generate the expansion of our Colt products and systems.
Location: Tawa, Wellington
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023