Established in 1856, the Tap is proud of its history and strong ties to the community of Tai Tapu. The hotel offers unpretentious genuine kiwi hospitality and food.
We are looking for another Chef to join our busy kitchen team of 4 other Chefs.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of at least 3 years in a similar environment, be honest, reliable and hard working with a great sense of humor and be able to work under pressure in a busy kitchen. You will be an excellent communicator and be passionate about food.
Attributes and duties will include:
• Ability to work within a team.
• An energetic personality, with the ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Have relevant culinary qualifications and a healthy obsession with food.
• Flexibility to work shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
• Be available to work weekdays and weekend till close (Weekends, public holidays).
• Preparation of and cooking meals.
• Ordering and monitoring supplies.
• Ensure all statutory, as well as establishment, hygiene regulations are strictly adhered to.
• Must have own / reliable transport due to late night finishes.
This is for a full-time position over a seven-day rostered shifts, with number of hours determined by various functions and events.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you are keen to join our busy team of professionals and have the skills and experience we are looking for we want to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023