* Leading International Manufacturing Company
* New Zealand, Christchurch based
* Day Shift
HamiltonJet are a respected international company and market leader providing marine propulsion systems to high profile clients. With a mix of demanding applications, our products and services are trusted by boat builders, naval architects and a wide variety of end users in over 120 countries worldwide. We export 98% of production to key markets including: vessels for the military, homeland security, search and rescue, fast ferry, oil, gas and renewable energy sectors.
Metal Casting Trades Worker (Day Shift - LJ Foundry) Ref:MC1902
We are seeking applications from candidates for a permanent vacancy on our day shift at our Large Jet Foundry based in Hornby. The successful applicant will either possess a relevant trade level qualification equivalent to NZQA L4, or a minimum of three years experience. Successful applicants will also be able to demonstrate a range of foundry skills including core making, floor and line moulding with resin sand, metal pouring, fettling and knock out.
Additional ancillary skills required:
* Inspection and defect recognition
* Use of basic measurement devices and hand tools
* Competent with powered foundry machinery, including overhead cranes
* Safety focussed with good awareness of all Health and Safety requirements in a foundry environment and compliance
* Able to work in a multi-cultural team environment
* Physically fit, strong and able to work in a manual work environment with both unpowered and power tools including sledge hammers, disc grinders, water blasting
* Able to work with 700C - 1600C temperature exposure for short periods of time
* An effective communicator, with strong fluency in English language and comprehension
* Self-motivation to work unsupervised and achieve production outputs
* Committed to providing exceptional workmanship and quality of product within given time constraints
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate your experience, relevant training and qualifications. All applicants must be available to work shifts and/or occasional overtime as required.
Applications should be made via e-mail to email@example.com quoting appropriate reference number MC1902. All applications to include a cover letter, copy of your CV, proof of qualifications and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Friday, 8 March 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo both a criminal history check and pre-employment medical including a drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023