* Leading International Manufacturing Company
* New Zealand, Christchurch based
* Afternoon Shift
HamiltonJet are a respected international company and market leader providing marine propulsion systems to high profile clients. With a mix of demanding applications, our products and services are trusted by boat builders, naval architects and a wide variety of end users in over 120 countries worldwide. We export 98% of production to key markets including: vessels for the military, homeland security, search and rescue, fast ferry, oil, gas and renewable energy sectors.
Metal Fabricator / Aluminium Welding (Afternoon Shift) Ref: MF1902
We are seeking applications for a permanent vacancy on our afternoon shift from candidates that possess a relevant trade qualification equivalent to NZQA L4, or a minimum of five years relevant metal fabricating experience. Ideally applicants will be current with AS/NZS 1554, ASME or an internationally recognized equivalent. Our welding is predominantly Mig hard wire, aluminium, and mild steel stick welding. Applicants also need to be experienced in the use and operation of ancillary workshop tools and equipment.
* Ability to read, interpret and apply engineering drawings and processes
* Able to fully fabricate and weld complete products from aluminium and mild steel plate (5mm - 50mm), aluminium castings, and mild steel framing
* To competently, and consistently weld to international marine certifying standards
* Able to work in a multi-cultural team environment
* An effective communicator, with strong fluency in English language and comprehension
* Self-motivation to work unsupervised and achieve production outputs
* Committed to providing exceptional workmanship and quality of product within given time constraints
* Full awareness of all Health and Safety requirements and compliance
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate your experience, relevant training and qualifications. All applicants must be available to work shifts and/or occasional overtime as required.
Applications should be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting appropriate reference number MF1902. All applications to include a cover letter, copy of your CV, proof of qualifications and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Friday, 8 March 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo both a criminal history check and pre-employment medical including a drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
Suite 1.6, Level 1, 2-8 Osbourne St, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023