Full Time, Permanent Position
Western Bay of Plenty (near Tauranga and Katikati)
The Quality Manager is part of the Senior Management Team, position is responsible for defining and directing the quality system to achieve and maintain compliance for all applicable stakeholders and achieve the best returns for the growers. Reporting to the Operations Manager, direct reports include Quality Controllers, Weights & Counts, Reject Analysis, Data Analyst and Grader Supervisor,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Managing and supervising extended Quality Team.
* Developing and reviewing procedures, systems and processes ensuring compliance with Food Safety, Zespri International Ltd (ZIL), Asurequality, New Zealand Customs Secure Export Scheme (SES) and other Legislation requirements.
* Recruiting, training, reviewing and up-skilling quality team and liaise with the Horticulture team for Pre Harvest Pest monitoring training requirements.
* Reviewing and Updating DQS and SES
* Ensuring qualified Quality Controllers are trained to ZIL and Documented Quality Specifications.
* Ensuring Quality Policy is being met through best practices.
* Ensure all Corrective actions are closed out in expected timeframes
* Leading the Inventory management team to set load-out priorities and review and adjust as required to maximise returns to growers.
* Ensuring compliance with existing H & S policies, procedures and requirements
To be considered for this position you will have:
* A relevant degree or industry recognised equivalent qualification
* 5 or more years in a similar role managing a quality team
* Understanding and sound knowledge of the ZIL Quality Systems
* Holder of Critical Control Points (CCP’s) or understanding of CCP’s1-6 and commitment to hold CCP’s in the future.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Kiwifruit Industry and its requirements
* Excellent communication, interpretation, analytical problem solving and numeric skills
* Ability to collaborate with cross departmental teams
* Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
If you have the necessary skills and qualifications to make this role your own then please APPLY ONLINE today with your CV and Cover Letter to Kirsty Morrison or call to discuss the role in complete confidence.
Please see our other job listings on Seek for Internal Auditor / Compliance and other roles.
Ph: 021 355 179 Email: email@example.com
One21 - The Recruitment Outsourcer
For Innovative Recruiting Solutions
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Western Bay of Plenty
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052