My client is a thriving engineering business in Christchurch, around for over 70 years. Locally owned and operated, they are looking for a Senior Welder/Fabricator to join the team and build a long term career.
The company understands the importance of moving with the times and are fully committed to keeping up with industry technology and demands. This dedication to meeting the needs of customers has been the key to their continued success.
You will be working alongside a team of 9 in the workshop, specifically in the engineering team.
This hands on role will see you manufacturing custom work as well as the companies signature products using your excellent welding and fabrication skills. Customer interfacing you will be expected to maintain relationships with customers and suppliers as well as relaying delivery expectations and updates. You will also have the opportunity to co-ordinate engineering in the workshop.
This business is dedicated to quality therefore it is important you are too! You will have a track record for your high quality workmanship and return rate.
With a career progression opportunity available in the near future, you will be eager to learn and grow within the company and build yourself a successful career.
In order to be considered for this role you will need the following key qualities and skill set:
* Hard working and reliable
* Floor work skills - fitting, welding and general engineering
* Hands on approach to work
* Thrive under pressure
* Efficient and effective decision maker
* Potential for leadership
* A proactive, positive and diligent attitude
* Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
* Team player (able to work autonomously)
* Confident with customer liaison, taking orders and relaying information
* High standard of workmanship
* Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
The following qualifications and experience are preferred:
* Hands on experience in general engineering and fabrication is essential
* Trade qualifications are advantageous but not essential
* Forklift licence an advantage but not required
In order to be considered for this role you must have permanent residency or citizenship in New Zealand.
Please contact Sam Keen for a confidential conversation on (03) 366 6226 or firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now!
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052