Trainee Service Technician
- Based in Mt Wellington
- Get paid to learn a new trade / career
- Growing Company with long term career opportunities
- Paying up to $20.00 p/h
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Technician to be “trained” to become a fully qualified and experienced field Service Technician. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8am-5pm.
Our client specialises in repairing and maintaining a range of equipment from scales & label printers through to packaging machinery. During the first 12-18 months of your employment, the focus will be on getting you trained across the product range with a plan to transition you into a mobile technician where you will be working with clients out on site to identify, diagnose and repair their machinery.
Why you should apply for this role?
This is an entry level role where you can get your foot in the door and be mentored and guided by experts in the industry and learn from the best to establish a career in the Electro-Mechanical industry. If you enjoy pulling things apart to see how they work (such as: stereos, cars, computers, playstations) then this would be the ideal role for you!
- Become an accredited technician by gaining your Electrical Service Technician qualification (EST) and Electrical Application Serviceperson (EAS)
- On the job training
- A company phone
- Become eligible for a monthly bonus after 6 months of employment
- Receive company Superannuation (you can withdraw from this unlike Kiwi Saver)
- Work towards a clear career path to become a ‘Field Service Technician’ with a company vehicle
- Work for a family owned company with long-serving staff
- Be part of a company that operates in NZ and Australia
- Supportive team environment where you will be mentored by the BEST in the industry
- Get a uniform and safety boots when you join
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Sound understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronic systems and functions
- A keen interest in how machinery operates and enjoys trouble shooting and problem resolution
- A Full Class 1 Clean Drivers Licence or have the ability to get your full licence (able to drive a manual)
- Physically Fit, as the role requires heavy lifting
- Self-starter and pro-active thinker
- A Strong work ethic and a willingness to “give things a go”
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills work with a range of people at different levels
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with both internal and external customers
- Skills to prioritise and juggle a busy work load and flexibility as your day could change at the drop of a hat
If you want to learn more about this role then pick up the phone and ask for Mel on (09) 258 5130 or click on apply now!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052