Work with us on building and maintaining New Zealand’s Ultra Fast Fibre (UFF) and Chorus networks, connecting people to the future! Be part of a fast growing team at Veloce Ltd.
Veloce are a team of enthusiastic individuals, who value hard work and reward you for it; we will supply you with all your tools, and Micro-Duct Jointer.
If you have any knowledge of drain-laying, reinstatement, trenching OR you think of yourself as a “hands on” person that is keen and eager to learn new skills then this role might be just what you’re looking for.
-Physically fit for trenching and potholing
-Able to solve problems and think on your feet
-Ability to turn up on time every day
-Concrete cutting and reinstatement experience preferred
-Committed to the health and safety of yourself and others
- Familiarity with tools and mechanical equipment or machinery
- Prepared to work outside in all weather
- Willingness to learn and progress within the team
- Not colour blind, good eyesight in different visibility situations.
- Willing to travel/relocate on semi-permanent basis within the North Island
The following would be an advantage:
- Class 2 with WTR endorsement
- TC/STMS ticket
- Prior experience operating diggers and/or drills
- Experience in fibre Telecommunications civils network builds.
- Experience working in network build team utilising Directional Drilling and Trenching methodologies.
- Experience following HSE management plans, risk management, and telecommunications civils industry 'good practice'.
- Experience on Chorus UFB networks - jointing ribbonet/micronet, installing Flash 9/ABFFPso
- Experience reading under ground and over ground utility plans.
- Experience with CoPTTM practices and working within temporary traffic management.
- Holds valid First Aid, Chorus WTC-1, PTN, WTC-3, WTC-4
Holds SiteWise Cert
Applicants must have at least a restricted drivers’ license and be able to drive a manual van, be legally allowed to work in NZ and complete a pre-employment drug/alcohol and police check.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052