Servicing our communities since 1934, we are a well-established plumbing, drainage, gas-fitting, electrical and mechanical business with over 190 staff across our nine South Island locations.
We are proud to have a staff who love working for us, as shown by outstanding results in our employee survey. At Foleys you will be part of a close knit, family-orientated team where good pay, career development, and support are available to you.
Health and safety and family values are at the foundation of what we do.
About the role
Supported by your Alexandra co-workers, manager, and the wider company, you will join our team permanently and be trained to be a well-rounded trades person. For four years you will learn about all the different aspects of plumbing and drainage – service, new builds, commercial plumbing etc., and if possible we would like you to also do an extra year to get your gas-fitting ticket too!
You will start off helping our plumbers with their tasks, doing what needs to be done and learning as you go. Over the years of your apprenticeship you will increasingly become more skilled, more responsible, and more independent, finally becoming a confident trades person in your own company van!
• Have NCEA minimum level 1 (maths and technical subjects preferred)
• Are experienced in, or have a demonstrated interest in hands-on / workshop activities
• Are willing to commit to both the study and work required to successfully complete your apprenticeship qualification
• Have a clean driver’s license and the ability to drive a manual vehicle (or a willingness to learn)
• Have the fitness for this sometimes physical role
• Are a NZ citizen, resident, or have a valid NZ work visa
We are an equal employment opportunities employer.
If this great opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052