Twining Valley Nurseries is Australasia’s only comprehensive grower of instant hedges. Located in the foothills of the Hunua ranges, Mangatawhiri is ideally situated within the Auckland - Hamilton - Tauranga golden triangle.
We are a small, innovative, family run business that takes great pride in our products and our work environment. More information on our wonderful nursery can be found here - www.tvn.co.nz
Reporting to the Directors, this is a hands-on role, working with a busy team, where you will have the opportunity to use a broad range of skills in a variety of tasks. With an eye for detail, sound organisational ability, and a good degree of physical fitness, this role will suit an experienced, down to earth horticulturalist looking for something a little different.
Ideally, the applicant will
- have a relevant tertiary qualification in horticulture, management or related field.
- have experience with advanced grade nursery production
- have proven operational site and people management experience
- have a good understanding of the operation of irrigation systems
- be a Growsafe Certified Handler
- have a good record keeping ability
- have a good work ethic and ability to manage time efficiently
- enjoy the achievement of growing products to a high standard
Your responsibilities will be managing all aspects of plant production and dispatch, and include
- living our company values in the workplace
- supervision of staff
- pest monitoring and management
- overseeing crop protection spraying
- staff training
- record keeping and nursery compliance
- Health and Safety risk management
- day planning
- support in other areas of our nursery, maintenance, and customer care.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052