Locally owned and operated Heartland Group operates its own Packhouse and Cold Storage facilities supplying high quality apples to New Zealand and worldwide global markets.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Engineer to join our team located at our Beach Road, Richmond, Nelson site.
The successful applicant will be appropriately qualified and have a strong focus and commitment with Health & Safety and operational efficiencies within a food manufacturing environment while striving to improve processes and reduce downtime.
Key responsibilities and attributes include:
• Ability to multi-task and prioritised jobs.
• Arrange and manage formal quotations.
• Implement documented preventative maintenance and scheduled work plans.
• Build professional working relationships with company staff and external contractors.
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Demonstrate a good understanding with NZ H&S legislative requirements.
• Be computer literate with experience in formal work requests and maintenance plans advantageous.
The role reports to the Packing Manager and works closely with company management and supervisors. Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment and understanding compliance regulatory standards is desirable.
We offer a competitive hourly rate and a great working team environment.
Heartland Group operates a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy. All suitable candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug testing along with on-going workplace testing.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052