Pumping & Irrigation Engineer
Channeling water for arid land during long, hot summers. Stopping a frost from ruining a season's crop. Turning dirty water into crystal clear drinking water.
This is what our people, and their wisdom, can achieve, and that's what makes them WaterForce's greatest asset.
Across New Zealand, our team is working to get water right where it needs to be to make our land more productive and sustainable for tomorrow.
They're exceptional, and we should know; we hand-picked and trained them ourselves. Our investment in them, and industry leading technology means we're fully equipped to help farmers, growers, businesses, and even the green thumbed gardener.
We have a full-time position based in our Winton branch that services Southland, South Otago and West Otago. The role will involve working in the agricultural industry servicing our clients.
• Ability to design irrigation and pumping headworks, manifolds and structures
• Field installations and alterations – mainlines and pump headworks
• Welding, pipe fitting, steel pipe work
• Workshop fabrication
• General service work – pumps, irrigators and solid separators
• Problem solving
• Identification of maintenance works
• Available for call outs
• Honest, hardworking and physically fit
• Well organized, practical and methodical
• Attention to detail, and a high level of workmanship
• Able to work unsupervised, as well as with a team
• Ability to get the job done (able to work extra hours when necessary)
• Enjoy a varied work environment, and is able to adapt to the situation at hand
• Good communicator
• Knowledge / experience in the pumping or water related industries (preferred)
The position provides variation, flexibility and the opportunity to work with a company with great people and progressive customers.
It is important that the successful applicant holds a current New Zealand drivers license. An advantage would be to hold current trade/welding certificates, and a Class 2 Heavy Traffic driver’s license.
Training as required will be provided to assist the successful applicant with this position.
Please forward your curriculum vitae, along with a covering letter to:
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052