The Roofing Store is a New Zealand owned and operated company, producing superior high-quality lightweight roofing solutions.
We are one of the leading suppliers who manufacture and create long run roofing, metal tiles, architectural steel roofing, cladding systems, rainwater products and all the accessories required.
We are committed to the steel roofing industry and have invested in roll forming, folders and pressing facilities. We are continuing to expand in plant and machinery.
Reporting to the Production Manager – you will play a key role overseeing the complete day to day operation and ensuring our distribution and dispatch operate like clockwork!
This is a high-paced hands on role, so it is important to be able to work well under pressure, making sure that resources are allocated effectively so that deliveries / services are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
Your role is to determine the route for delivery to our customer and branches throughout the country, and make sure that the goods reach their destination quickly.
The key responsibilities for this role:
* Increase customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, dispatching and assuring quality of products, accessories and consumables
* Preparing stock for dispatch
* Oversee and manage freight and logistics budgets
* Coordinate all trucking and external transport requirements
* Control stock levels and movements
* Coil management
* Packaging and quality control checks
* Improve efficiencies and supervision of a dispatcher
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
* At least 5 plus years’ dispatch supervisory experience
* 5 years within a dispatch/warehousing and production environment
* A good understanding of logistics and warehousing
* A forklift, gantry and full drivers licence is essential
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Computer skills at an intermediately level
* Knowledge of an Oracle based ERP system (preferable but not essential)
* Understanding customer needs within a manufacturing/ building and construction environment
What we have on offer:
* The opportunity to get involved with a successful and growing company
* The offered package includes medical, life and income protection insurance, great staff benefits, free parking, competitive remuneration and bonus systems.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052