Due to growth, we are looking for a block manager to manage a new 500ha lease block at Tapora, 1hr north of Auckland. The lease of this block commences 1 April 2019.
We are a family owned farming business running approximately 14,000 su - sheep, cows, steers and bulls.
Our new Block manager will be in charge of day to day running of the Tapora block, running a mixture of breeding and fattening stock (approximately 1500 ewes, 200 cows and the balance in freisian bulls). This will include working with us to establish new IBS systems.
This position is part of our small team, and will require occasional work on our other blocks, working alongside us and our other block manager, which will be reciprocated on the Tapora block.
* Applicants need to demonstrate excellent stockmanship skills and knowledge of electric fence and water systems.
* At least 1, preferably more good working dogs required
* Responsibilities will include day to day stock work, weed and pest control, fence and water system maintenance, establishment of electric cell block systems, tractor work, handpiece work, keeping accurate records and all other aspects to ensure farm work is up to date and completed to a high standard.
* We are looking for someone who is hard-working, honest, motivated and shows initiative, understands safe working practices, who is able to communicate effectively and work alone and as part of a team.
* The farm is approximately 20 minutes from Wellsford, school bus for primary school at gate, secondary school bus just up the road.
* 3 bedroom house on property - insulated, wood fire, new oven, currently being painted.
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and skills.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Dan and Nicky - email@example.com before the 8th March. Please include references that we are able to contact immediately. Feel free to email any questions to us.
We reserve the right to appoint a block manager prior to the close of applications this date if the right person comes up!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052