***** (Transmission Gully Expressway) *****
Native Solutions Ltd primary business is New Zealand Native re-vegetation, riparian, waste water treatment, landscape and forestry planting.
The Environmental Restoration Landscaper is responsible for the installation of Native and Forestry trees. This is a physically demanding role requiring a high level of fitness and there is the requirement to be confident when working on steep ground or at height.
* Identify different plant species
* Correctly choose the appropriate species for the terrain and conditions.
* Planting plants with the correct cultivation techniques for the species being handled.
* You will be planting in all types of soils, terrain and weather.
* Staking of individual plants may be involved.
* Release spraying or weed eradication by use of chemical and manual removal.
* Seeding of seedlings for the following planting season.
* May involve animal pest control
* May include Chainsaw use
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
* Min of 12 months experience in Landscaping, Forestry or Farming
* Understanding of Native plant habitats
* Ability to identify NZ native plants
* Be honest, respectful, team player and hardworking
* Physically fit
* Head for heights.
* Career orientated and willing to learn.
* Able to be away from home for periods of 3 weeks when applicable.
* Experience with Chainsaws
* Full clean drivers licence
If this sounds like you please send us your CV and request an application form.
Position applications close: 8th February 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052