• Opportunity to kick-start your career with a well-known, reputable global company
• Learn on the job, progression encouraged
• Stunning North Island locations - Tokoroa, Gisborne, Whangarei and Rotorua
Trimble Forestry Logistics (part of the Trimble Group employing over 8000 people) is a specialist forestry logistics business established in New Zealand in 1993. It has particular expertise in the application of logistics information technologies to wood supply operations. Trimble's Forestry Division offers field hardware, field software and enterprise solutions that improve the productivity and operations for some of the world's largest forestry companies.
Using specialist logistics software developed in-house, as a key member of the logistics team, you will primarily:
• coordinate and schedule harvesting contractors and logging trucks to uplift loads, thinking about best overall utilisation of the fleet and minimum cost of distribution, solving problems that occur along the way
• monitoring and reporting on production, inventory and delivery targets, negotiating with suppliers and customers to do the extra yards and meeting them in the field when issues demand direct communications.
The successful candidate will:
• ideally have 2-3 years’ experience in the logistics, transport or forestry industry.
Or graduates with the x-factor that have a relevant tertiary qualification in one of the following; Forestry, Agricultural Science and Commerce, Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Transport or Business studies and
• thrive on challenging work, juggling a variety of duties at any given time
• enjoy solving problems, using logic and common sense
• good with numbers and planning, and have a great memory for detail
• ability to talk to and develop relationships with a wide range of people
• influence others using empathy, diplomacy, confidence, and leadership.
For your commitment and outstanding work ethic, you will get exposure to, and build relationships with, a wide cross section of the industry from machinery contractors to operational managers and senior corporate management. You will be well supported and progression opportunities will unfold for the right person, along with the chance to travel for some. You will also receive a competitive remuneration along with great company benefits (Medical/Life Insurance and Profit Sharing).
If you have any queries about this role then please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this role
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052