An opportunity has arisen for the position of Stock Manager on a fantastic property in North Loburn, North Canterbury. If you have a proven track record of intensive cattle finishing, pasture and crop renovation with great communication and time management this could be for you.
Okuku Pass supports 7000+ su consisting of dairy replacements, bull beef, dairy service bulls and a beef breeding herd.
The property is 1100ha rolling tractor country and an adjacent hill tussock block and a flat winter grazing block. Pastures, stock water, fences, buildings are all of a high standard. Annual average rainfall of 1100mm.
Full complement of machinery to carry out Cultivation and sowing. Key crops include, fodderbeet, kale.
Situated in Whiterock, 15 mins from Rangiora which provides all services and amenities. Christchurch International Airport is 40 mins drive. School bus services at the gate for both primary and secondary schooling. A 3 bedroom home with log fire and private picturesque setting will be provided.
You will be sole operator with assistance from Management/farm owners and floater staff who work between all properties owned by the company. Excellent communication with owners and livestock agents is a very important part for this business. This position would best suit someone who is a year or two off full farm management but wanting that next step up. You must have a good team of working dogs and be physically fit.
The position requires someone who:
• Respects people, gear and the job
• Is self-motivated and passionate about stock, proven stock management skills are necessary
• Fully competent in a range of farm machinery and related tasks such as cultivation and sowing
• Shows initiative and can work independently
• Has good communication skills, can work as part of a team and a great relationship builder
• Honest, reliable, good sense of humour, positive attitude
• Position start date will be based on the finding of the successful applicant
• Remuneration will be determined by successful applicant’s skills, abilities and experience
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052