A position is now available on a 19,000 stock unit sheep, cattle and deer breeding and finishing operation in Northern Southland.
The property runs approximately 10,000 ewes, 800 bulls, 500 cattle and 100 deer. All stock are finished to their potential.
All agricultural work including winter crop and supplement are made internally; including all farm maintenance
The duties are predominately stock work, however involvement is required in all other practical aspects of the operation.
The applicant must:
- be motivated and willing to learn for their development.
- Ability to work dogs with large mobs in future.
- Have previous sheep and beef experience in NZ
- must have the ability to work with others and excellent communication skills
- Be able to embrace technology systems and equipment.
- must be a NZ resident and have a full drivers licence.
Single bedroom, self contained accommodation is available on site with potential other options.
This position would suit someone who wants a career in agriculture. Who wants to learn a variety of stock systems including the other practical side; of running a self contained system of this size.
While experience is preferred, having the right attitude is more essential.
A competitive remuneration package is provided based on ability and experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052