This is a hands-on FULLTIME PERMANENT role, working closely within a small energetic team and reporting to the Feedlot Manager.
The Feedlot Assistant role requires:
• Daily feeding and monitoring of Wagyu cattle
• Strong communication skills and a positive practical approach.
• Competent in machinery operation being able to operate tractors, trucks and loaders, carry out basic maintenance and repairs.
• Strong cattle handling capabilities, required daily, adhering to animal welfare techniques.
• Maintaining a clean, orderly, safe and comfortable environment within the cattle pens.
• Basic knowledge of Animal Health within an intensive cattle finishing operation.
• General feedlot maintenance; basic tool skills and practical sense a must.
You must have a passion for cattle, enjoy working to a routine and bringing out the best in animal performance.
A full NZ driver license is a must and a benefit if you have a class 4 or above.
The role is based on a 40-hour week, with some rostered weekend work.
Request a Position Description or Apply with CV and Cover Letter: email@example.com or call Roz on 0272491942
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052