If you're keen to grow your career, there's no better place to nourish it than here. We're committed to providing our people with all they need to positively thrive. So, isn't it time you put your trust in the company that's been trusted throughout New Zealand for over 40 years?
To enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand™
Ka pukekotia a Rongomatane, ka poho kereru a Aotearoa
About the role
Reporting directly to the Works Manager, the Process Manager is responsible for monitoring and improving quality at our Dunedin Plant as we pursue world Best Practice standards in the manufacture of fertiliser. The role will challenge us on how we can be better, smarter and faster; while enhancing health and safety and environmental practices.
* Continually improve the efficiency of the plant along with reducing the operating costs and enhancing the quality and environmental performance of the production processes
* Responsible for process design and optimization on the works site and leading a team to manage projects identified as longer term needs in the manufacture process
* Provide diagnostic advice and solutions for immediate processing problems, achieving innovation in systems and processes and providing technical and chemical support to the works team
* Manage and lead the laboratory team and process engineer/s to ensure all functions and services are provided to support the works operation
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Chemical Engineer or with a strong technical background, driven by innovation and have an inquisitive mind. You will thrive in a collaborative environment, a self-starter and not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll be comfortable with ambiguity and finding new solutions to process challenges.
You will have flexibility in your thinking, style and approach as you'll need to influence a range of team members from a plant operator through to senior executive. As an expert in time management, you'll be able to multi-task with ease.
Some flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time, as parts of the plant operates 24/7.
Ideal skills and experience:
* A Chemical Engineering Degree, or equivalent
* A minimum of seven years experience in a chemical engineering/process manufacturing environment
* Strong computer and data presentation skills
* The ability to engage lead and motivate staff to achieve goals
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A record of successful process management and improvement
* Strong health and safety and environmental knowledge
* Systems and technical knowledge around ISO, HAZOP, process safety etc
* Project management experience
* Phone, laptop and clothing provided
* Excellent benefits package (competitive salary, 5% superannuation, medical insurance, allowances)
* Generous investment in your ongoing training and development
* Excellent development opportunities across the co-operative
* Great company culture
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' to send your CV and cover letter to Stephanie McDougall, HR Advisor, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday, 13 March 2019.
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052