CNC Machinist & Programmer
Want to take a key position in being part of an exciting new business for Taranakipine within the rapidly expanding off-site construction market using sustainable, New Zealand made engineered wood products?
Over the past two years we have developed a market opportunity based on delivering parallel laminated timber (PLT) panels to the construction industry. Our first product is a floor and roof panel system; factory ready for direct installation into buildings. We call it Woodspan PLT Panels. www.woodspan.co.nz
Woodspan is looking for a driven team player to lead the set-up and on-going operations of our soon to arrive 6-axis CNC wood processor. This is a hands-on position critical to ensuring all projects meet all our customer’s expectations.
Taranakipine is a producer of engineered timber building products supplying to NZ and international customers. We start with the raw log and manufacture all steps through to the finished product.
• Project team member for our new Woodspan factory set-up & CNC processor installation
• Working with Woodspan sales and production; receive customer plans, optimise, then import using CAD/CAM software ready for CNC processing
• Export plans to CNC processor then operate machine(s) meeting customer order file
• Responsible for machine(s) maintenance and tooling
• Responsible for CNC processer cutting strategy optimisation and tooling selection
• Member of the Woodspan production team
• Position based in New Plymouth
• Self-motivated, accurate, plenty of initiative, and a mechanical aptitude
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate CAD/CAM software
• Understand construction and carpentry shop drawings
• Previous experience in CNC equipment operating; preferably from frame/truss or joinery industries
• Experience in working with wood – wood processing or building sectors
To apply for the role or seek further information contact Damon Jacobsen HR/HSE Manager damonJ@taranakipine.co.nz or 027 224 9113
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052