In-Work NZ Limited is one of New Zealand’s largest providers of contracted services to the Ministry of Social Development (Work and Income). We have a vacancy in the North Shore/Rodney Region for an Employment Consultant.
The opportunity will involve your ability to utilise your experience background in case management and employment related areas to achieve employment outcomes.
The successful candidate would preferably have the following:
• Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with participants and employers;
• Ideally Some Experience working with mental health.
• Intermediate skills in the use of the Microsoft Office computing package;
• Ability to implement strategies to achieve targets in a set timeframe;
• Proficiency in negotiating a difficult situation and conflict resolutions skills.
• A background in Case management and Employment skills
• You will need too be flexible with the hours of work and have the ability to self manage.
• Experience with building strong business industry links.
• You will possess a strong work ethic with a lateral ability to assist in complex issues.
• A passion for helping people
• Relevant experience in facilitation and mentoring
• A good knowledge of the local labour market
• Ability to connect with people of all ages through creative, exciting and motivational delivery methods
• Enthusiasm and drive to deliver results for our client base
• To actively engage with local employers to find employment and work experience opportunities in the North shore.
About the job
• In this role you will prepare job seekers for employment and:
• Engage and motivate participants through effective case management techniques;
• Assess complex barriers to employment, planning support and interventions;
• Actively market participants to potential employers, including cold calling and employer networking;
• Liaise with medical professionals, Work and Income and community agencies on behalf of participants;
• Refer participants to internal/external specialised support services;
• Provide Post Placement Support to placed participants and provide intervention when required to support on-going employment; and
• Maintain contractual requirements, update or maintain internal system.
Applicants will need to be able to pass a police vetting check and you will be required to have your own reliable vehicle with a full license.
Join our team and get the challenges and variety you can handle. We offer a variety of daily tasks, which could be your opportunity to start a whole new career or build on your existing skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052