Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 450 people. Our Takitimu Mine is located near the town of Nightcaps, 60km northwest of Invercargill and we are seeking a motivated person to be part be part of a growing team of driven mining professionals at our Takitimu Mine.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of expert geological services within our existing and future regional production and operations focussed on the operations at Bathurst’s Takitimu Coal Mine.
The core aspects of this role will include geological data analysis, management and providing technical support to the Takitimu Mine Manager and other technical and planning personnel as required.
Day to Day Duties
* Undertake Geotechnical monitoring on a regular basis with the measurement frequency determined by the site’s relevant geotechnical management plan
* Undertake Geotechnical mapping
* Effectively communicate geotechnical risks and issues to the Mine Manager, technical team and operations staff
* Co-ordinate and deliver the production of coal blends in compliance with all coal quality to client specification
* Undertake data collection and database management
Skills & Requirements
* A Bachelor's Degree in Geology or Geosciences or comparative relevant qualification
* At least 3-6 years experience in the minerals and resources sector with a preference given to coal experience
* Has a strong working knowledge of exploration techniques
* Experience in using geological modelling software and databases
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and also as a member of the Technical Services Team
* Strong commitment to safety
Culture & Benefits
* Market leading pay
* Health and life insurance
* An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
* Ability and support to progress within the business
* Monday to Friday working week
To apply for this role, click the “APPLY” button now or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wetini today on 021 190 3316
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a pre-employment medical.
You must also have the right to legally live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications close: 5th April 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052