Our client is a large privately owned, New Zealand Company with over 20 years’ experience in the heavy engineering sector.
They specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
Their fast-growing client base and portfolio of large projects reflects their sound reputation, service delivery, integrity and long-term customer focus.
This is a pivotal role working within all internal departments and across multiple sites in the mid to upper North Island. You will have sufficient autonomy to make a real difference, working closely with their on-site staff, job managers and field service staff, to ensure they meet prescribed requirements and deliver top quality workmanship to their customers.
We seek a Certified Welding Inspector who has well developed inspection capability and also proven ability to coordinate certifications / NDTs.
The ideal applicant will have the ability to draw, analyse and adjust plans in accordance to country compliant codes, as well as having an eye for detail and an in-depth understanding of process.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Carrying out onsite inspection and test duties, preparation of inspection & test plans, weld inspections across the projects, coordinating NDTs, witnessing testing and preparing reports, signing off on work packs, compiling MDRs.
• Provide technical advice and support
• Manage product related non-conformance and corrective actions
• Provide support to the Estimating Team to determine inspection & test levels and applicable costs
• Work with the team to identify, plan and implement process improvements
• A welding inspection certification
• A high level of technical expertise and a thorough understanding of engineering quality processes.
• Experience within a heavy industry/manufacturing and or contracting environment
• Excellent communication skills, sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary, a great team of professionals, and opportunities to develop and grow within a diverse business.
• If you are a team player, enjoy a busy role, and want to be part of an exciting and growing business, please apply.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052