• Well established, large engineering company
• Genuine career advancement opportunity
• Part of a large team – varied and stimulating work
Our client is a well-established NZ engineering company with a large scale operation based in East Tamaki
They are an industrial specialist providing maintenance, capital projects, fabrication and specialist services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
Based in East Tamaki and reporting to the Weld Shop Manager the primary purpose of this newly created role is to manage and guide a well-resourced and capable team as they complete workshop projects.
The role is one of three supervisory positions and has come about through sustained growth and company successes.
The person we seek will have proven leadership skills and ideally have some prior experience as a foreman or supervisor motivating and training staff in a similar engineering environment.
You will be fully familiar with managing the key variables required to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner, and have a sound ability to ensure appropriate Health and Safety procedures are strictly adhered to.
Your ability to foresee potential job obstacles and the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems will be key to your success.
In summary you will be able to demonstrate:-
• A passion for doing well and enthusiasm about leading a team
• Mechanical aptitude, backed by a relevant trade qualification or time served, i.e. Fitter/Welder
• Experience in heavy industry/contracting environment/maintenance roles
• Ability to maintain high safety and quality standards
• A real customer focus to ensure the work meets the Company and customer requirements
• Ability to work extended hours in order to complete projects
Key Responsibilities include
• Organising workflow, ensuring staff understand the work requirements for the day and their responsibilities
• Ensuring staff have the tools and resources to do their jobs
• Providing support to staff, coaching and assistance where necessary, and providing a link between staff and management
• Addressing problems with work quality in an effective, timely manner
• Ensuring jobs are run as per the Work Pack requirements
• Ensuring Inspection & Test Plans are adhered to
• Liaising with Weld Shop Manager regarding progress of work and extras – “no surprises to customers”
• Maintaining a tidy, organised workshop
• Actively managing risk and raising safety concerns
• Managing absenteeism, with support from the Weld Shop Manager
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug , alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052