We have an opportunity for a motivated Shepherd to be a part of a large scale intensive agribusiness.
This role is based on one of our properties 20 minutes south of Hastings. The farm has a great mix of land ranging from highly productive flats to medium-steep hill country. Winter trade lamb is the main stock policy with bull beef farmed alongside to compliment. We also farm wagyu cattle supplying grass fed markets and feedlot finishing programmes.
We are looking for a Shepherd who has:
• An enthusiastic drive to succeed and develop themselves
• Sound stockmanship skills
• 2-4 dogs under good command
• A positive outlook on Health and Safety in the workplace
• A can do attitude with a drive to develop key skills
• A passion for farming with a good sense of humour
• A strong work ethic who takes pride in upholding a high standard
• A clean, current Restricted or higher drivers licence with good history
What can we offer you?
• A chance to develop in a large scale intensive farming operation
• The ability to work with the latest technology and modern equipment
• Exposure to a range of farm systems spanning pastoral livestock through to a multitude of cash and forage crops.
• A competitive remuneration package.
• The opportunity to learn from an experienced team of people across Livestock, Cropping and Agronomy.
If you are looking for a challenge, want to learn and are a team player, we want to hear from you.
For further details on the role, call Hayden Ashby on 027 2931682
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052