Forest Enterprises is a leading forestry investment company that manages 65+ forestry Investments on behalf of more than 6,500 investors throughout New Zealand and overseas. The investment model provides long term sustainable work for our employees and contract service providers alike.
We operate a large-scale harvesting, roading, log marketing and consequent re-establishment and tending programme, with opportunities for growth in our Masterton office, managing over 8,000 ha of established forests all located in easy daily commute from Masterton.
We have a vacancy for a new full-time role as Graduate Forester.
The position of Graduate Forester will suit a recent graduate looking to start their forestry career and gain exposure throughout the business.
The position involves growing the productive capacity of Forest Enterprises in partnership with roading, logging, cartage and silviculture contractors to meet safety, environmental, revenue, volume, quality and delivered cost targets.
Excellent training will be provided to enhance skill levels and career development.
Applicants will have:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in forestry, geography or agriculture science
• Sound analytical skills, literacy and computer skills, knowledge of GIS and stand record/planning systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, and Word
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Strong time management and commitment to continuing professional development
• Be physically fit for an outdoors role
Closing date: 5pm Friday 29 March 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052