NEW ROLE of Block Manager in Loburn, North Canterbury. The Block Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the property working closely with the Operations Manager and other staff. You need a passion for intensive cattle finishing, pasture and crop renovation with great communication skills, leadership skills with forward thinking.
The property is 1000ha of flat to rolling tractor country which supports 800 R1, 800 R2 Dairy Heifers, 600 Service Bulls, 250 trade bulls and 100 Carryover Cows. Annual average rainfall of 1100mm.
Full complement of machinery to carry out Cultivation and sowing.
Situated 15 mins from Rangiora which provides all services and amenities. Christchurch International Airport is 40 mins drive. School bus services at the gate for both primary and secondary schooling. A large family home will be provided.
The position requires someone who:
* Is progressing well in the industry but a step away from full management level
• Respects people, gear and the job
• Is self-motivated and passionate about stock, proven stock management skills are necessary
• Fully competent in a range of farm machinery and related tasks such as cultivation and sowing
* Strengths in animal health, feed budgeting and time management
• Shows initiative and can work independently
• Has good communication skills, can work as part of a team and a great relationship builder
• Honest, reliable, good sense of humour, positive attitude
* Has a good team of dogs, is physically fit for hill country
• Position start date will be based on the finding of the successful applicant
• Remuneration will be determined by successful applicant’s skills, abilities and experience
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Whether you're looking for the job to start your career or just want to learn some great new skills YouthFull is here to help by giving you the skills and the opportunities to make either of these things happen.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052